Counselling for adolescents and adults on a range of issues including:
- pre- and post-natal support
- realtionship issues
- school related issues
- life satisfaction
A psychologist will use a variety of approaches that have been tried and tested scientifically to help an individual discover better ways and new strategies of dealing with issues. These approaches may include:
- Talking and reflecting
- Psychoeducation – which is explaining and providing information on how your health is affected by the stress or relationship issues in your life.
- Problem solving
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) – learning how your thoughts are connected to your emotions and behaviours.
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT) – learning how to better interact and relate to important people in your life.
- Mindfulness – learning to live and appreciate the present moment, rather than constantly worrying about what has happened in the past or what is going to happen in the future.
- Positive psychology interventions – strategies to help you develop better relationships, engage in meaningful activities, and as a result have more positive emotion.